The Truth About Startups
Everyone has a passion in life. For some, that’s building teams and companies, even though building a company is one of the hardest things to do. In this session, serial entrepreneur Mark Josephson—who’s grown five New York-based early-stage companies—including Outside.in, About.com, and bit.ly—reviews the five big lessons he’s learned:
– Being at least one step ahead of the market.
– Knowing if you help your customers make more money?
– How to be aligned with your customers
– Why you shouldn’t work so hard
– “The Carrot Seed” mentality
Every business role has risks and constraints—but as Mark will show, overcoming these and applying entrepreneurial thinking is essential for anyone wanting to build a great team and a successful company.