What is Startupfest
Startupfest is the largest startup event in Canada. Founded in 2011, it has become the annual gathering at which entrepreneurs, investors, makers, large enterprises, industry veterans, and startup communities chart the course of technology entrepreneurship.
The unique, informal format, set in one of the world’s most iconic cities, tackles the entire lifecycle of new venture creation, from the spark of an idea to the final signature on acquisition or the ringing bell of an IPO. Attendees leave with four days of world-class content; fresh connections; back-of-the-napkin ideas; and the allure of champagne-popping exits.
The festival is more than just great content and global attendees, however. Over the years, we’ve earned a reputation for rethinking the standard event formats—from panels of Grandmother Judges, to Tent Villages that encourage networking around relevant themes, and elevator pitches in actual elevators, we combine aspirational keynotes with hands-on practicality and a healthy dose of irreverence.
We’re taking over a brand new venue in 2018, building Startupfest’s largest village yet- accessible by boat (among other modes of transportation).
Canada’s leading tech innovation event blends world-class content, hands-on practicality, and a healthy dose of irreverence to help attendees from around the world chart the course of entrepreneurship.
Startupfest began when Montreal’s grass-roots startup event outgrew its humble beginnings. Founder, Philippe Telio, sought to make Montreal a global destination in all facets of entrepreneurship. The first event saw over 1,100 founders, funders, and businesses of all sizes attend.
Today, Startupfest is a nonprofit that continues to expand, bringing in over 5,500 attendees and 150 speakers from dozens of countries around the world, and turning Montreal into the place to gather with the entirety of the tech community for one week every July.
– 5500 attendees in 2017
– 25% international attendees, 40% Quebec, 35% the rest of Canada
– Over $500,000 of investment prizes awarded in 2017
– 120 speakers across 8 stages
Twitter: 3,000+ using #Startupfest
Trending Top 5 in Canada three days straight
Facebook: 56,000 post engagements, 382,600 impressions
Instagram: 10,000+ impressions
Web: 293,000 views (244,944 unique)
Over 4500 photos shared using #Startupfest across social media channels
New for 2018
– 2018 will feature our biggest venue yet, on the man-made peninsula of Parc de Dieppe, where attendees have the option of arriving by boat.
– Our first round of speakers includes Nilofer Merchant, Kelly Hoey, Dimitri Kanevsky, Michelle Zatlyn, and more. See the list at startupfest.com/speakers.
– Our Premium Fests are back and bigger than ever (we’ve even added an additional day), and will feature stages catered to different verticals in the industry.
-Startupfest’s first round of speakers is out! Join @nilofer, @jkhoey, @zatlyn & more July 10-14 in Montreal https://2018.startupfestival.com/speakers-2/
– Canada’s biggest #Startup event is back for year 8 this July. Hope to see you @startupfest! https://2018.startupfestival.com/
– Last year @Startupfest had $500k+ worth of prizes & investments for startups. We’ll be there July 10-14 in Montreal https://2018.startupfestival.com/
– We’re going to @Startupfest- July 10-14 in Montreal- Canada’s largest startup event https://2018.startupfestival.com/
– A global gathering of the world’s leading founders, funders, and more. @Startupfest- July 10-14, Montreal
Startupfest in the News
Please email email@example.com