With over $500,000 worth of prizes and investments up for grabs, Startupfest offers founders tangible connections with VCs and angels alike.
WORLD RENOWNED CONTENT AND NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES
Startupfest is home to world-class content, having had industry legends like Alexis Ohanian (Founder, Reddit), and Kara Swisher (Re/Code) on our stages. Our Tent Village is where you can find different verticals within the industry, startup communities from around the world, and ecosystem players all in one place.
Montreal is second to none in the summertime & a hotbed for technology. Having been named the world’s #1 Budget Travel destination this year, come see why Montreal is world renowned on the festival, food, and tech scene.
SET IN ONE OF THE WORLD'S MOST ICONIC CITIES
The unique, informal format tackles the entire lifecycle of new venture creation, from the spark of an idea to the final signature on acquisition or the ringing bell of an IPO. Attendees leave with five days of world-class content; fresh connections; back-of-the-napkin ideas; and the allure of champagne-popping exits.
why you should come
• Every aspect of our content is hand-picked and carefully crafted, and ranges from inspiring lessons from seasoned entrepreneurs, to informative how-to sessions, and interactive panels.
• We offer tangible investment opportunities and prizes, from top accelerators, looking to fill their next cohorts, to world-renowned VCs- in 2017, over $500,000 worth of investments and prizes were awarded at the event.
• Whether you’re looking for exposure, to acquire new talent, connect with investors, corporates, or different sectors of the industry- you’ll find it in our tent village, where people are gathered under relevant themes.
“I was here 3 years ago, and pitched Onavo, my company, and we picked up one of the top prizes and 3 years later we get picked up by Facebook. It’s awesome.” – Guy Rosen, Facebook
This year alone Montreal has been home to the largest series A of any AI company in history (Element AI), led Canada with the most VC dollars invested (raising over $800 million USD), and Montreal based Lightspeed closed the largest venture-financing deal in Canadian history. And this is just the Montreal-based companies… As Canada’s largest startup event, we bring in companies from the top accelerators and startup communities from around the globe.
“Throughout the years, the festival has helped local entrepreneurs connect with world-class mentors and investors and it has been the blood vessels to millions of dollars in business deals and investments made” – Austin Hill, Blockstream
• Our tent village participants are hand selected and showcase talent, and innovation from around the world. This is also where you’ll find pitch competitions, corporate speed dating zones, startup demos, and more.
• This is an event where you’ll find the speaker, whose keynote changed the way you want to run your business, having a beer in an adirondack chair, in our tent village. We bring people together, and we encourage real time connection.
“Over the course of 3 days, we had the opportunity to meet startups from around the globe and were impressed by the amount of creativity and entrepreneurship present on site.” – Steve Berard, Québecor Média inc.
“There really isn’t another event like this.”
– Margaret Dawson, Global Product Marketing at Red Hat
Speakers See All
Jessica O. Matthews Uncharted Power
Amber Venz Box rewardStyle / LIKEtoKNOW.it
Lara Cumberland Facebook
Michael Casey Digital Currency Initiative, MIT Media Lab
Karina Costa Techstars Anywhere
Evan Patronik Unreasonable Group
Viola Llewellyn Ovamba Solutions, Inc.
Nilofer Merchant The Power of Onlyness
Montreal and the Startupfest Venue
Montreal is the cultural capital of Canada, and as soon as you get here you’ll understand why. The city has an unbeatable festival vibe, and is second to none in the summertime! As the city thaws, it becomes a vibrant, diverse, cultural hub and is North America’s number one host city for international events. Between the european charm, unparalleled nightlife, arts, culture, and world class restaurants- Montreal makes the perfect stomping grounds for Startupfest.